|BCTDA Approves LIFT Fund Committee Members
|Members Will Evaluate and Make Recommendations for LIFT Fund
Today the board voted to approve the following individuals for the inaugural Legacy Investment From Tourism (LIFT) Fund Committee as recommended by the nominating committee:
- Laura Webb – Founder & President of Webb Investment Services
- Dr. Joseph Fox – Founder & Owner of Fox Management Consulting Enterprises
- Barbara Benisch – Non-profit management & Community Development Consultant
- Mike McCarty – Owner of The Lobster Trap restaurant
- HP Patel – President & CEO of BCA Hotels (TDA Ex-Officio Liaison)
- Himanshu Karvir – President & CEO of Virtelle Hospitality
- Kyle Highberg – Sr. Director of Operations at Biltmore Farms
- Amy Kelly – Managing Principal at Hatteras Sky
- Kathleen Mosher – VP of Communications at Biltmore
- Shelton Steele – Co-Owner of Wrong Way River Lodge & Cabins
The nominating committee reviewed the pool of 24 applicants and considered their professional and personal life experiences, as well as their depth of knowledge in their fields.The inaugural LIFT Fund Committee represents a diversity of age, expertise, and perspectives that will allow them to evaluate applications in an informed and objective manner.
Per state legislation, five of the nine voting members of the LIFT Committee must be owners or operators of hotels, motels, or bed and breakfasts. All members will serve three terms with not more than two consecutive terms.