Training Opportunity through Global Sustainable Travel Council: Sign Up Now for Next Cohort (discount available!)
As a destination member of the Global Sustainable Travel Council, Explore Asheville is pleased to pass along information on the upcoming GSTC Sustainable Hotels Course.
This 2-week-long facilitated and interactive online course starts May 26 and is tailored to the needs of those who work in hotels and the hospitality sector. It features expert presentations, useful resources, and real-life industry examples and lessons on applying sustainability best practices.
Explore Asheville partners are eligible for a $60 discount off the regular rate. Use discount code SHC60SD when you register.
What does the course cover?
The training follows the GSTC Industry Criteria with the Performance Indicators for Hotels, providing best practices for sustainable hotel management:
- Lessons on each section of the GSTC Industry Criteria, with examples relevant to hotels.
- Expert tips and resources introducing key solutions around current issues and trends.
- Live presentations by industry practitioners, sharing insights based on real-life experience.
- Hands-on exercises to practice applying the Criteria to your own situations.
- Opportunities to learn alongside GSTC experts and fellow hospitality professionals from around the world, and to enhance your professional network.
Who is the course for?
The GSTC Sustainable Hotels Course is designed for those who:
- Want to improve performance by learning practical how-to’s on sustainability.
- Seek real-life examples and actionable tips on sustainability solutions.
- Need a flexible and convenient learning option to fit a busy schedule.
- Want to systematically and efficiently approach their sustainability journey by aligning with the globally recognized standard of sustainability best practices (GSTC Industry Criteria).
What is GSTC?
The Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) establishes and manages global standards for sustainable travel and tourism, known as the GSTC Criteria. There are two sets, one of which is Industry Criteria for hotels and tour operators. These are the result of a worldwide effort to develop a common language about sustainability in tourism. Explore Asheville became a destination member of GSTC in the spring of 2021, upon adoption of the strategic pillar, Encourage Safe & Responsible Travel.